The New Green Savings Programme administered by the State Environmental Fund of the Czech Republic is one of the most effective programmes in the Czech Republic focused on energy savings in family houses and apartment buildings.
During the 2014-2021 programming period, 77,000 beneficiaries benefited from its support and were paid a total of 11 billion CZK.
The programme focuses on reducing the energy consumption of residential buildings (through insulation), construction or purchase of houses with very low energy consumption, environmentally friendly heating methods, renewable energy sources, and currently also adaptation and mitigation measures in response to ongoing climate change.
The New Green Savings Programme was funded by revenues from the sale of EUA (European Union Allowance) and EUAA (European Union Aviation Allowance) units. The source of funding in the new programming period starting in 2021 is The Next Generation EU Fund, through the National Recovery Plan.
Objectives of the Programme
The main objective of the programme is to improve the state of the environment by reducing the production of pollutant and greenhouse gas emissions (in particular CO2 emissions).
The aim of the programme is to achieve energy savings in final consumption and to stimulate the Czech economy with other social benefits, such as improving the quality of housing of citizens, improving the image of towns and villages, starting up long-term progressive trends.
The New Green Savings Programme supports
- Renovation of family houses and apartment buildings (thermal insulation of facade, roof and ceiling, replacement of windows and doors)
- Construction of family houses and apartment buildings in so-called passive standard (passive houses)
- Purchase of houses and flats with very low energy consumption
- Solar thermal and photovoltaic systems
- Replacement of non-environmental heat sources with heat pumps, boilers or local biomass sources, gas boilers
- Storage tanks for rainwater retention, wastewater recovery
- Green roofs, outdoor shading technology
- Use of heat from waste water
- Controlled ventilation systems with heat recovery (recuperation)
- Purchase and installation of charging stations for electric vehicles
- Planting of trees on publicly accessible land near residential buildings
Extent of funding
Depending on the real energy savings, you can save up to 50% of the total eligible expenses (up to 60% if combined with boiler subsidies for lower income households).
Owners or builders of family houses and apartment buildings, both individuals and legal entities.
How applications are submitted
Applications are received by the State Environmental Fund of the Czech Republic before, during or after the completion of the project continuously till 30 June 2025, or until the allocation is depleted.
Applications may be submitted using the Czech website www.novazelenausporam.cz.