Proposed areas for support from the Norway Grants in the period 2014–2021
1. Improvement of Environmental Status in Ecosystems
- implementation of pilot and innovative projects on improvement of environmental status in ecosystems including application of results of accomplished research projects into practice;
- small-scale measures to improve environmental status in ecosystems (to enhance the stability of the landscape to increase biodiversity in ecosystems) in sites outside national protected areas;
- implementation of measures focused on protection of endangered species of animals and plants (Red listed);
- public awareness raising of environmental problems in ecosystems.
2. Reduction of Adverse Human Activities on Air Quality
- implementation of site monitoring in regions to identify the main sources of air pollution and development of Action plans;
- implementation of selected measures from the adopted Action Plan(s) to improve air quality in regions;
- public awareness raising and training on air pollution and implementation of Action plans in regions;
- establishment of a monitoring network to identify levels of air pollution caused by local heating in some regions;
- public awareness raising on proper way of heating households, suitable types of fuels and the necessary heating maintenance.
3. Reduction of Adverse Human Activities on Water Quality
- improvement of monitoring through projects to acquire adequate equipment and analytical methods (with regard to Directive 2008/105/EC);
- implementation of pilot or demonstration projects to reduce pharmaceutical pollution in selected “hot spots” sources;
- public awareness raising on pharmaceutical pollution and local or regional information campaign to raise general public awareness and capacity building measures regarding emerging pollutants.
4. Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- development of the new local/regional Adaptation and Mitigation Strategies/Plans;
- implementation of green measures from existing local or regional Adaptation and Mitigation Strategies/Plans;
- public awareness raising on global climate change, mitigation and adaptation issues, especially at local or regional level.